Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hi
Mr. Roos has asked me to add a few words about myself.
I live on Kibbutz Kalia, near the Dead Sea. I have three young children.
I am not a teacher, but upgrading my BA to a teaching degree.
I was born in Winnipeg Canada, and at the age of seven my parents moved my sister and I to Israel.  The Yom Kipper war broke out a month and a half after our arrival and all plans changed...We then moved to a kibbutz where I grew up.  I share this because I have been repeatedly asked to teach English.  I believe that some people are more giving and warm then others but to teach (especially a second language) you must learn.  Therefore, I have decided to change professions and  learn how to become a teacher of English as a second language. Hopefully I will then become a creative teacher who will fill the students with at least a little excitement and correct English.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Reena,
    Changing profession is not an easy step but I have done it and I think I can be of help to you. As a private teacher I try to be creative by using the net and even taking a video of myself and putting it on you tube so my pupils can watch and memorize..

    ReplyDelete