Monday, March 10, 2014

Keeping in touch with my education blogs: Week #4

Candace Hachette Shivley:
First, I must say that her name was spelt wrong in the charte as well as her blog sit;
blog.teachersfirst.com 
This week she wrote an obituary for a web tool and I have no idea to which tool she is alluding to?!
Candace says that Edsurge noted it in their blog but again I don't know what she is talking about.
Purelypaperless:
Did not update her blog....
Innovative educator:
Lisa is dealing with the connecting of home schoolers with texting.  Lisa has chosen two options; twitter and Remind 101.
She lists the pros and cons of each:
Twitter: helps teachers and parents get to know each other.  " Twitter fast follow" allows recieving twitter without setting up an acount.  The drawback is that this is a form of public engagment and not all parents or schools are open to this formate.
Remind 101: more personal.  It is a one-way  notification system verses the two-way twitter system.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't find the first blog you mentioned so I couldn't tell which tool she meant, but it sure sounds intriguing.
    I'm also following the innovative teacher blog, but I didn't read this specific post. In what ways do homeschooled students could use Twitter? Who are they contacting?

    ReplyDelete